We rebuild the turbine blades of every rotor shaft, as long as the degree of wear they have sustained allows it. With the aid of the TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) method, we have the know-how to restore the blades to their original size.
The wear of the blades, which can be due to natural causes (exhaust pressure, high temperatures) or to external factors (bearings failures, inflow of foreign particles), leads to the reduced performance of the turbocharger and to an unbalance of the axle, which may lead to a failure of the turbocharger (T/C).
When there is a small range wear of the blades and their repair is permissible, TURBOMED S.A. is able to provide a low cost and reliable solution, rebuilding them following the TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) method. By this method, the blades, after their initial check, are restored to their original geometrical shape and size, in accordance with the specifications of the manufacturer, using a material identical to the original.
Furthermore, the TIG welding method is applied in the case of Nozzle Rings, the wear of which leads to the malfunctioning of the turbo. The whole process, both for the blades and for the Nozzle Rings, is performed by specially trained and experienced technicians and is accompanied by full measurement and observation reports.
Types of wear on the blades of the turbine:
- Oval shape wear on the blades of the turbine.
- Wear at the edges of the blades (corrosion).
- Damage from the intrusion of a foreign body.
Effects of the wear of the blades:
- Reduced performance of the turbocharger.
- Radial unbalance of the rotor shaft.
- Possible failure of the turbocharger.
A guarantee and a detailed job report are provided after the completion of works.
The process of reblading consists of the following stages:
- Disassembling of the blades of the turbine wheel and of all the rotor shaft components.
- Cleaning and checking of the rotor shaft and of all the disassembled parts.
- Cleaning of the blades.
- Rebuilding of the turbine blades by replenishing, using the TIG method, so that the blades are restored to their original geometrical shape and size, with a same composition material. The entire process is performed by a well-trained technical staff, that uses modern mechanical equipment.
- Final process of cleaning of the blades (sandblasting).
- Weighing of the blades with the use of a high precision digital balance.
- Mounting of the blades on the axle.
- Replacement of the damping wire, where there is one.
- Assembling of all the parts.
- Dynamic and static balancing of the rotor shaft.